CyberFriends.com - the worldwide friendship network
Topic:
Quote/saying you live by
artyling
artyling
F 24 Singapore
Do you have a specific quote you call it your favourite/that you live by?

I keep a book, titled, "Words to Live By" where I sometimes write my favourite quotes in which I find especially meaningful.

Let me share with you one of my favourites,

" Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt."
on Dec 24, 2014 at 20:33:47
Replies:
hameid
hameid
M 24 Egypt
"Figure out what you want and learn how to ask for it." that's my favorite quote :)
on Dec 25, 2014 at 11:56:42
eewwaa
eewwaa
F 64 Sweden
"Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear". Chinese saying.
on May 1, 2015 at 17:36:55
radiate
radiate
F 57 United-Kingdom
I love that you are compiling a book of your most favourable quotes Artyling, what a super idea. It is personal to you. Maybe I might just do that myself as you have inspired me.

A quote I live by which came from my grandmother, is ..."Make no one wiser than yourself".
Another I like which is light hearted but has deeper meaning, is "Never let anyone appropriate the remote control".
on May 1, 2015 at 18:41:23
seth2sol
seth2sol
M 61 USA
"Carpa Deim," Latin. Seize the day. To make it yours. To take or make opportunities.
on May 1, 2015 at 22:43:34
euterpe
euterpe
F 51 Sweden
"Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt."

I really like that one. Thank you.
on May 2, 2015 at 01:54:43
lucius
lucius
M 35 Bulgaria
Three of my favorite quotes are:

"If you can dream, but not become a slave of your dreams. If can think, but not make your thoughts your ultimate goals. If you can meet triumph and disappointment but welcome them in the same way"

"Never look in another's plate, unless it is to see if there is enough food in it"

"When you sow ass, you will reap s..t"
edited: 2 times | on May 2, 2015 at 03:20:18
artyling
artyling
F 24 Singapore
Glad to be visiting this topic again! Isn't it amazing how words have such effect on us?

@eewwaa: Chinese sayings have one of the best sayings! And the quote you shared has so much truth!

@radiate: I'm glad the idea of having a quote book inspired you! Do share as and when there comes a quote meaningful to you! :)

@seth2sol: What language is that?

@euterpe: I'm glad you like that one, I like that one too and I try to live by that everyday.

@lucius, "Never look in another's plate, unless it is to see if there is enough food in it", that's a funny one!
on May 2, 2015 at 15:23:10
lucius
lucius
M 35 Bulgaria
Artyling glad you liked it :) Seth2sol's quote is in Latin :)
on May 2, 2015 at 16:15:24
rebecca7
rebecca7
F 21 India
"Live and let live"
on May 2, 2015 at 17:05:35
seth2sol
seth2sol
M 61 USA
It's Latin. It's a dead language.
on May 2, 2015 at 17:46:13
Home | Contact Us