CyberFriends.com - the worldwide friendship network
Topic:
Which genre of book do you prefer reading ?
bookbug
bookbug
F 21 Saudi-Arabia
As a bibliophile, I often wonder what sort of books other people buy and read these days. For example, do they like adventure, action, historical, fiction, fact, autobiography, memoir, thriller and chic-lit, or do people not buy books to any extent, preferring to listen to audio books ?
on Dec 9, 2014 at 01:45:30
Replies:
newbeat
mod
newbeat
M 55 USA
I prefer how to books. Rather it be a cook book, or a carpentry book.
on Dec 9, 2014 at 01:48:20
tony57
mod
tony57 Online
M 59 United-Kingdom
My choice tends to be mainly crime fiction, with a bit of fantasy and sci-fi in there. I also enjoy reading modern social history; for example, at the moment I'm reading a fascinating history of the Berlin Wall.
on Dec 9, 2014 at 02:20:11
sheshank
sheshank
M 25 India
Mostly non-fiction, facts based books. But why say no to some wonderful fantasies?
on Dec 9, 2014 at 04:51:50
sojo50
vip
sojo50
F 67 Canada
I read a little of almost everything, but especially like historical fiction. I recently finished reading the 3rd book in Ken Follett's Century trilogy and was sad to leave the characters I had followed through the 3 books.
on Dec 9, 2014 at 11:28:34
elistia
elistia
F 44 USA
General fiction (which is a vague response, I realize, but my tastes run the gamut and I don't know how to narrow it down) and true crime, mostly. I used to like reading literary theory but outgrew it. Periodically I will read some eastern philosophy. I REALLY like reading books about discipline in the martial arts because so much of it is applicable to every day living.
on Dec 12, 2014 at 15:01:53
angelx08
angelx08
F 30 Philippines
Crime suspense books!
on Dec 16, 2014 at 20:22:22
angielic
angielic
F 22 USA
I tend to read any genre as long as it's an interesting book. Although I do have my preferences with fantasy - paranormal, romance, chick-lit and historical fiction. Even better if some are just mixed together.
on Dec 17, 2014 at 21:41:29
logan9
logan9
F 37 South-Africa
Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror...entertainment value is important to me, I enjoy these because such things are far from the norm.

I also like DIY, anthropological, historical, philosophical books, etc in my more intelligent moments though.

Love the smell of a new book, so will buy them for as long as they keep making them.
edited: 1 time | on Dec 18, 2014 at 07:53:45
jjeemm
jjeemm
M 55 USA
Autobiographies, assuming that what is written is actually true. I love getting the inside stories about known people, meaning 'the dirt'.
on Dec 19, 2014 at 01:42:28
fefaver
fefaver
M 27 Brazil
Biographies, existentialist novels, historic and philosophical books, short stories, poetry. I love them all.
on Mar 4, 2015 at 20:03:56
Home | Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 - All rights reserved.