CyberFriends.com - the worldwide friendship network
Topic:
In what country (or countries) wouln't be able to live ?
isabel10
vip
isabel10 Online
F 65 France
For me there are Japon and China ,because people are too different ,because I wouldn't able to always eat their food (but I do like it sometimes in chineese or japoneese restaurants ),because when people work the bosses give too much work and the workers are very tired and sad ,because their culture is completly different than ours.For the weather ? I don't know if it is hot or cold (because I hate cold and snow )
What about you ? ?
edited: 5 times | on Nov 14, 2017 at 11:21:57
Replies:
tony57
mod
tony57
M 59 United-Kingdom
When I think of all the factors that would make me reject a country (war or internal strife, extreme hunger and poverty, endemic corruption, rampant inflation, high cost of living, totalitarian regimes, cultures entirely alien to me, cuisines highly unfavourable to my dietary choices, high crime levels, poor healthcare and social support, potentially threatening neighbours, climatic conditions I would find repugnant) it leaves very few countries I feel I could live in! Apart from my own. I can think of only five other countries I would consider living in, and for four of those I would have to take a crash course in the native language!
edited: 1 time | on Nov 14, 2017 at 14:19:32
lowtide
lowtide
M 55 United-Kingdom
France! My sister moved there in 2001 and her experiences have definitely put me off - the bureaucracy involved in being self employed, getting building work/renovations approved and paying taxes - it's painful, complicated and always changing at short notice..plus a host of other things.
edited: 1 time | on Nov 14, 2017 at 21:20:03
sojo50
vip
sojo50
F 67 Canada
With the state of the world today, there are fewer and fewer countries that I would consider living in. It would be easier to list those than the many I would avoid! I think I will just stay right where I am!
on Nov 14, 2017 at 22:18:31
tony57
mod
tony57
M 59 United-Kingdom
Zimbabwe was already close to the bottom of my list of desirable residencies, but it's dropped a little lower this week.
on Nov 17, 2017 at 03:26:22
hope7dre
mod
hope7dre
F 57 USA
Any of them that might slaughter you for saying the wrong words or any other tiny little thing their leader dislikes. The 1st one that pops in my head is North Korea.
on Nov 17, 2017 at 09:45:38
marc62
vip
marc62
M 55 USA
Somalia. Ah, to be in Mogadishu and bask in the ambience of hot lead . . . .
on Nov 18, 2017 at 00:03:24
outlier
outlier
M 67 USA
I could not live in the third world. The living conditions for the poor are just too depressing to see daily. I could live in most industrialized countries.
As to food I love most street food whether Eastern or Western, (high end restaurants are similar the world over).
on Nov 22, 2017 at 16:36:01
Home | Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 - All rights reserved.