CyberFriends.com - the worldwide friendship network
Topic:
Death of dicussions and birth of the smartphones !
isabel10
vip
isabel10 Online
F 65 France
In the past people talk s a lot every where and it was so good for the morale of everybody .Humans need discussions
Now generually ,people discuss less and less .What a pity ! !Now there are the smartphones :at the doctors=:smartphones.In the bus :smartphones :Young people =smartphones :In the bed adolescents =smartphones ! Everywhere =smartphones !!! .
What is your opinion ?
edited: 1 time | on Nov 6, 2017 at 07:51:57
Replies:
marc62
vip
marc62
M 55 USA
There used to be something that you would see on tee-shirts, buttons, bumpers, etc.: "I'm not deaf. I'm ignoring you."

No one needs to actually sport something like that anymore: it's obvious.
on Nov 7, 2017 at 14:49:21
tony57
mod
tony57
M 59 United-Kingdom
On similar lines to marc62's reply, in an age when every food and drink establishment seems to offer internet access to its clientele, there are some bars and restaurants here which proudly display signs along the lines of "No, we don't have wifi, try talking to each other!".
on Nov 7, 2017 at 15:26:01
lowtide
lowtide
M 55 United-Kingdom
Isabel - I totally agree. I parked my car and on the way in to a supermarket to do quite a lot of shopping I noticed a young mum sat in a car with her toddler strapped into his seat - I thought maybe she had just arrived and was about to go into the shop or had just got in the car having completed her shopping; she was on her phone. I did my shopping and about 30 mins later, as I came out, the woman with the child strapped in the car seat was on her phone - I guess, ignoring her child - it's so sad - you see it so often, mums walking down the road with their precious child in a pushchair, ignoring them while they stab at their phones or talk inanely about nothing of importance - I hate to see children being ignored this way - I watch mums and see this happen virtually every day. I also see dog walkers ignoring their dogs while on their phones - I think they should interact with their dog - to a pet, their owners are the most important people in their lives - at least talk to them, meet their gaze, play with them - build a relationship with them and it's the same with young children - they benefit so much from the attention and interaction with their parents. In supermarkets I overhear inept men ringing their wives to ask which washing powder, cosmetic or sanitary products to buy or people who are just badly organised asking their partners to check in the fridge or cupboards to see if they have a particular item; in short, I dislike the way people use their phones and the impact is has on communication between people. At lunch time my wife says the place where they eat lunch is full of people looking at their phones - no one talks any more. I have a smart phone and a dumb phone - I use the dumb phone far more - the smart phone gets used when I'm away from home - a weekend away or if I'm in an unfamiliar place but I can go weeks without needing to use it.
on Nov 7, 2017 at 15:42:27
isabel10
vip
isabel10 Online
F 65 France
Lowside :I prefer "talk" with my dog than to have a smarphone in the hand !
on Nov 7, 2017 at 17:32:15
isabel10
vip
isabel10 Online
F 65 France
Don't you want to discuss Tony? So you discuss with your computer ;but a coputer is not a person
on Nov 7, 2017 at 18:05:03
blogger
vip
blogger
F 47 Canada
Everywhere I go I see people with their Android phones and headset. On the train, street car and bus, passengers have their tablet, laptop and handheld console.

Most of the time, my son is on his Xbox One and iPhone X while I use MacBook Pro and iPhone7 for our respective transactions. We even call each other while in the house as he asks me to make his sandwich or I remind him to do his stuff .
on Nov 7, 2017 at 19:28:01
christa2
christa2
F 61 USA
There are the 5% of people who do not spend 99% of their time in the phone. Go find them.
on Nov 7, 2017 at 19:41:26
newbeat
mod
newbeat
M 55 USA
I use my iPhone for several things. Schedule, email, text, business cards, etc. it hasnít replace in person dialogue, but it has opened up instant communications.
on Nov 7, 2017 at 21:14:14
tony57
mod
tony57
M 59 United-Kingdom
I've expressed my view on mobile phones here many times isabel10. I loathe them, I have only a dumbphone, a Model T Ford flip model which I use maybe three times a week, and I only carry one because being without it in modern society is, sadly, impractical.
on Nov 8, 2017 at 02:24:40
isabel10
vip
isabel10 Online
F 65 France
Portable =smartphone
on Nov 10, 2017 at 10:46:30
Home | Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 - All rights reserved.